We’ve Improved Your Package Tracking System!
SqBx Release #3953 – Scheduled for June 27, 2016
SqBx strives to offer its customers a continuously improved software solution. New enhancements occur frequently and this latest release offers SqBx Package Tracking system users with time saving, exciting new features like Optical Character Recognition (OCR) integration, SqBx Customer portal enhancements and more!
Mobile Device and iOS Enhancements
In case you had not heard, SqBx tracking offers greater mobility and additional mobile device options than any other tracking software provider. Not only does SqBx operate on rugged, commercial, enterprise devices like the Zebra TC70 you can also get the SqBx mobile application on consumer iOS and consumer Android devices. This recent release boasts enhancements to consumer iOS and consumer Android devices such as:
- SqBx has always known whether a receipt, delivery, and signature was processed by the site or by our rugged mobile devices from Zebra, now SqBx counts iOS as a mobile delivery too. You’ll notice a delivered via mobile icon for any mobile device including rugged Zebra, iOS and Android devices.
- SqBx lets you set up custom carriers for the package receiving process. These carriers are now respected on the iOS app during the receiving and delivery process and updates the SqBx site appropriately.
- Synchronization is simpler than ever, which includes synchronization after package adjustments.
- The ultimate goal for your SqBx Tracking solution is to provide your organization with concrete, complete chain of custody and proof of delivery. We all know that electronic signatures are an important aspect to chain of custody. Even more important than the signature is knowing who actually signed for the package. In SqBx we call this the SIGNED BY field. All of our commercial mobile devices allow SIGNED BY information to be recorded with 1 Click Recipient Person. We have extended this functionality to consumer iOS and consumer Android devices. When delivering a package on your iOS device, SqBx now offers 1-Click Signed By field population. If the package is being signed for by the intended recipient, you can click the recipient person icon to auto fill the signed by field.
Check out these updates to the Employee Portal for Pickup Requests, Interoffice Mail, Ship Requests, and Desktop Shipping.
We’ve added improved visibility for portal users creating package pickups including more fields and improved status visibility.
- The SqBx Portal is a powerful tool that can provide visibility to your customers of their inbound packages, interoffice requests, ship requests and more. Do you manage portal user registrations for your organization? Don’t forget to enable Pickup for new users under the Approve User Account Registration Page. The email you will receive for new user approvals has been given a fresh coat of SqBx paint.
- Portal users now have visibility of their pick up statuses and more details are displayed such as: requested on, carrier, tracking number, and special status headers.
- If you are using ship request or shipping pick up request forms, the shipping country field is required to ensure correct addressing.
- SqBx Portal Users have their own personal address book that holds recipient information to ensure simplified addressing for interoffice and ship requests. We made some modifications to the address book page to ensure the best possible user experience and removed a check mark icon that was no longer needed.
- Single Sign On, commonly referred to as SSO, is an authentication methodology that is the easiest way to manage a large numbers of users in your customer portal. SqBx supports SAML 2.0 and Shibboleth SSO configurations and is a member of InCommon. Enhancements were made in this release so that accounts using SSO and a Portal so that all name and location information auto-populates and simplifies setup.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Integration
The most exciting new feature added to this SqBx release is Optical Character Recognition Integration commonly abbreviated as OCR.
What does that mean for SqBx users?
- More automation for your inbound tracking needs
- Customers who wish to explore OCR equipment can eliminate data entry steps and manually scanning bar codes on accountable mail and packages.
- The OCR device captures the barcode, name, date, and tracking number. This data is then automatically imported into SqBx with the received date and time.
- This is an excellent feature option for SqBx customer that have high package volumes.
*Contact Team SqBx at 1-800-268-6296 to discuss potential advantages of this time saving feature.
SqBx API Update OH MY!
SqBx API allows for controlled and secure access to SqBx data on demand. The API allows your organization to seamlessly exchange and update data for recipients, package details, PO line items
and more with third party systems like smart lockers, ERP systems, etc. API updates in this release include improved searches and signature retrieval.
Through the API you will posts receipts and receive updates. For example, you can use a Bell and Howell high speed scanner (OCR) to automatically post a receipt into SqBx.
Advanced Routing & Delivery Management
Routing and delivery management is an extremely important facet for many of our customers’ daily operations. SqBx offers an advanced routing function that can affiliate time stamps to scheduled delivery stops. Variances between actual time and scheduled time are reported via the SqBx Delta report.
New to Delta Reporting this release: customers using our routing function will now see the route name and its details in addition to delta times for deliveries in their Delta report.
USPS Delivery Partner Project
You may have heard that SqBx has been certified for the USPS Delivery Partner Project.! Go Team SqBx!
This feature once activated allows SqBx to transmit codes to the USPS tracking site to show the actual disposition/status of package. This eliminates packages showing as delivered on the USPS tracking site when they have not yet reached the end recipient. This is a common issues and frequent occurrence for college campuses and institutions of higher learning. SqBx has updated its United States Postal Service postal codes to add in the +4 digit zip for improved data exchanged with Parcel Data Exchange (PDX) events in connection with the USPS Delivery Partner Project.
More SqBx Enhancements Below:
- Great news for SqBx users who receive multiple packages for the same recipient at the same time. Now all of your custom fields from the single receive screen will be in the exact same order on the multi-receive screen.
- Custom statuses can help your organization track and report against events and workflows.
- SqBx Tracking software offers more customization than any tracking provider.
- One of the advantages of the SqBx solution is that you can create custom statuses to improve your internal chain of custody and tracking.
- Examples of commonly used special statuses include: mystery package, transfer to courier, perishable, expedited and more.
- SqBx accounts that use custom delivery and release statuses will see improved reporting on their current undelivered page.
- Usernames displayed for all package statuses including custom release and delivery status.
- When exporting files in Excel the SqBx export function now exports directly to an .xlsx format making it even easier to edit with the latest versions of Excel.
- Printing labels is simpler than ever. Sub Print now helps organizations print without supplying the address and port information for their Proxy Network.
- Many organizations prefer to print internal tracking labels to assist with routing packages for delivery. SqBx now offers an additional field that can be displayed on label templates. You asked and we delivered. ‘Loggedinuser’ datasource field can be added to your label template allowing the name of the user who printed the package label to appear on the label.
- Routing and delivery management is an extremely important facet for many of our customers’ daily operations. SqBx offers an advanced routing function that can affiliate time stamps to scheduled delivery stops. Variances between actual time and scheduled time are reported via the SqBx Delta report. New to Delta Reporting this release: customers using our routing function will now see the route name and its details in addition to delta times for deliveries
- Modifying a group of packages?
- You can now use your 2nd MyList and modify all packages in the group with any custom MyList Field.
We hope you enjoy this release. As always, we welcome any and all feedback, suggestions, or concerns regarding our tracking solutions so email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-268-6296.
Stay up to date on the latest tracking software updates.